Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall Colors have Started!

The Color is Coming, The Color is Coming!

It's not often that we have time enough to go for a walk this time of the year.  But I did and I enjoyed it greatly. 

First I stopped by the civil war encampment going on at the bottom of our hill.  I just love the smell of a campfire.


I continued on my way to Grant's park and saw this beautiful tree.


I stopped in the park and knitted for a while and in the meantime I had the joy of seeing a train go by, bikers, walkers and canoers!  What fun. There was also a busload of screaming kid sin the park on some kind of day trip.  They were cute but they sure yell a lot!

I continued on my merry way to the Farmers Market.  The market house there had quilts on display so that was an extra plus I did not expect.

I AM IN SEARCH OF PINK LADY APPLES.  If you know where I can get one, please tell me.   They sound so yummy.  I'm planning on canning some Apple pie filling this year.  It's been fun canning.  My favorite book in that arena is "You Can Can".  Love it. 

Then back to the park to knit another couple of rows. 

What a glorious day it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment