Sunday, November 13, 2011

Being Domestic


Wow! It has been some time since I've posted. We have been so busy getting the harvest in, canning, freezing, spinning, crafting for the various Fall Festivals and craft shows, is it any wonder we have not had time to sit and write?
I recently dyed and spun some Llama. I decided to go with a three-ply so purchased an extra Lazy Kate to ply from - it worked like a dream! Then, I dyed it the colors my sister wanted since I was planning to crochet her a scarf. I used Rit dye and placed the dye in three deep bowls and put a section of the yarn skene in each so there were three colors, with some color bleeding up into the edges of the new color - sage green, light purple and blue. Then, I paired the Llama with a creamy silk yarn I had spun some time ago, to give a sheen to it. It turned out so well. I'll try to get that picture, too.
With Thanksgiving around the corner, I've been getting recipes together - some traditional, some new. A friend has a recipe for stuffing a small pumpkin with a variety of fruits - I think that will be yummy. Lots of family coming this year! Trying to decide what game to play at the end of the day - always a fun time with lots of laughter and good natured competition while we eat our pie - pumpkin, sweet potato and pecan.
We have so much to thank God for, it is hard to know where to begin but I think having an amazing family is at the top of the list, with good friends a close second! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment