Thursday, March 31, 2011

Unexpected Day Off

 Okay, so Dave and I were to take a few days off but then Dave got a bad cold so after the first night away we "snuck" home and pretended like we were still away.  Dave, poor thing, slept while I set up shop.

My Day Off

 This is our living room coffee table. 
From the left:
Speakers from my desktop
Plugged into my Ipad
Current knitting project
Easter Bunny egg holder
Gorgeous flowers, from Dave (smart man)
My phone
Large cup of water
All in one knitting thingy on top of pattern

Sooo, I caught up on podcasts I've been anxious to listen to.  My favorites are "Knit Misadventures" and "The Balcony Farm" listed at the bottom of this page.  It was a lovely day all to myself.


Lace and Such
Easter Egg Holder


I was also able to go through my lace making basket. I plan on making a fabric "sample" lace book which is very Victorian, getting back to the whole "Victorian" theme that I claim to be presenting.  Back then it was usual to not have a pattern for lace so a friend would show you or give you a sample and you would keep it as reference.  "Piecework" magazine recently showed a photo of an old lace reference book.  Adorable.  This will encourage me to start mine.
From the left:
Crocheted thread holder
   You would put your crochet thread inside and wear it on your wrist as your corocheted.  I understand it made a project very portable and kept the thread clean. Imagine walking through your overflowing gardens steadily while crocheting some lace!
Various crochet threads, tatting shuttle and some lace samples I've made.  Some tatted, crocheted and a sample of Bobbin Lace (the white with green fans)




Here is a larger view of my Easter Egg holder. Purchased at Joannes Fabric recently.  It was britht pink which I thought would take away from the eggs, so naturally I spray painted it black.  The foam eggs kept falling through the holders so I added some crinkled paper I found in the back room.  This is the last photo of perfectly smooth eggs which was taken prior to Cara Isabella getting a hold of them and promptly putting teeth marks in each!  You go girl!  Every time we said "no, no" she would turn her little head, as if we couldn't see her, and carry on. What an angel she is.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment