Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lavender Cookies

You can just smell them can't you!

Mom's in town so I had to make her some of my favorite lavendar cookies!  I warned her that these go fast so she better stash some away if she wants more!!!!

I found "Cooking Lavender" on the web.  My farmer girlfriend tells me you can use any lavender.  I'm planning on growing lots of lavender this summer.  Can't tell you how many lavender plants I've had and did absolutely nothing with them.  When we know better...we do better!

Lavender Cookies
5/8 cup butter (room temp)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg (room temp)
1 TBS Lavender flowers
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flower
Optional Frosting: Powdered sugar mixed with a bit of water and Lavender extract, sprinkle with sprinkles or extra lavender!!!
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.  I use my cooking stone!  No burned bottoms that way.  Warm it up in the oven while it is preheating.  Pull out to quickly put formed cookie dough on it to bake
  2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Beath the egg, and blend into the butter and sugar. Mix in the lavender flowers and the flour. Shape a chunk of dough into a ball and slightly flatten it. Set all prepared cookie dough forms to the side.  Once all are done, place on hot cooking stone or cookie sheet.
  3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until goden brown. Remove cookies to cooling racks and drizzle frosting and sprinkle with sugar and/or lavender flowers if desired.
Tada!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment