Sunday, May 1, 2011

Chocolate & Hot Tea

Well I finally did it!  Ten years ago when we moved into the Stillman Inn I purchased this candy mold because I totally was planning on making our own truffles for the guests.

Needless to say, other things took the ranking of #1 on the list of things to do. 

I ran into this pan again when I was cleaning one day and decided "This Is It. Today Is The Day"! 

I ran into the website http://www.chocoley.com/.  They offer a free, no strings attached, six day course in basic chocolate making.  One of the topics was molded chocolate.  Bingo!  I placed my order for tempered chocolate (no, I'm not interested in tempering chocolate) and creamy vanilla and chocolate cream for the insides.  The class was extremely helpful and the chocolates and creams I ordered had great instructions.  I also viewed a couple of you tube videos on how to make "molded, filled chocolate".  Don't you love you tube? 

I received the chocolate and bravely moved forward, step by step.  I must say there was chocolate everywhere.  I did not listen to the lesson on placing a towel on top of the heating pad I used to protect it.  Later I put a towel on it and guess what, they were right!

These molded truffles turned out fabulous thanks to Chocoley's hints and tips.  I did think I was going to break the countertop when I was looking for a little help to release the candies but things ended up okay, nothing broken!

My Dave introduced me to having chocolate with a cup of hot tea.  I think I'm going to have to buy bigger clothes very soon.  Oh my gosh, it is so good!  Wish the name of the chocolate wasn't "Badaboom Badabing" though.  Should be something more classy and decadent.

You can tell great chocolate, I learned a few years ago, by the creaminess of it, no grit, when you are eating it and smooshing it against the roof of your mouth.  this is great chocolate.  Need to experiment with fillings now...or not, depending on my clothes.

I painted the Bunny some years ago.  It's just always around the house.  I never thought I could paint flowers and what do you know...you just have to try!

1 comment:

  1. When chocolate "gets everywhere", just rub it into your skin. Good chocolate is high in cocoa butter and that is good for your skin!!

    ReplyDelete