Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Well, I have been baking bread for a long time - over 35 years - and have never come close to baking the beautiful loaves that came out of the oven recently. That's because I recently got a copy of "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A Day" and used their awesome recipe. Bernadine mentioned it to me and gave me a copy of an article about the bread. However, when I used the recipe in the magazine, it did not work. I found out after reading the book that the article was flawed. Oh, well, you gotta try stuff to learn. Anyway, the book has an amazing process for rising and baking that does not require kneading!!! Be sure to check it out - not only is the basic loaf delicious but the alternative recipes are yummy as well and it is the easiest raised bread I've ever made.

By the way, I made lamb chops the other day so had to make more hollandaise sauce, which then left me with two egg whites. Of-course, I made more Angel Food cupcakes, only this time, I replaced one tablespoon of flour with cocoa powder and added banana extract - they were so good! They were a little more dense since the cocoa powder has fat in it but who the heck cares - a little fat in an Angel Food cupcake never hurt anybody!! I dipped the tops in chocolate ganache - scrumptious!

Does anyone have any good recipes that include gnats? Maybe we could catch them and put them in cake - they would just look like poppy seeds! I've sprayed vanilla scent on myself and that seemed to ward them off!

No comments:

Post a Comment