Friday, February 4, 2011

Andreas in Kenosha WI

 Every time I go to visit my Mom I just love taking her to "Andreas" in Kenosha.  It's a store/Cafe and it's as quaint as can be.  Better be there by 11am because they fill up!

My sister Joanne and her daughter Rachael joined us on this day.  After eating a fabulous chicken salad sandwich, burger or salad we get to shop in the store.  Lots of unique gift ideas and terrific chocolate covered pretzels.

This last visit they had "FRESH RED VELVET CUPCAKES".  They were so delicious.  See the picture below.  I've been craving them ever since!

I went to "Cooking Something Up" in Dubuque Iowa today (http://www.cookingsomething.com/) and found a red velvet cupcake mix by "Barefoot Contessa".  It was $15 for what will be 10 cupcakes.  They are cooling on my stove and smell so wonderful RIGHT NOW! 

I could have started from scratch but this was just so much easier!  When I retire I will have to make some for the coffee/tea shop downtown Galena.  Come visit and I'll make you some!

 The Cafe inside of Andrea's is called Jack's Cafe.  Cute as a button it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment