Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tea In Grandmothers Garden Quilt


Me and my hexagons & box!
The crocheted throw with lace trim was made by Mom!
  I'm embarassed to say how long ago I started this project.  It's been untouched for most of that time but it's now time to tackle it again.

I purchased a hexagon paper piecing kit from Jo Quilter in Bellevue.  The little box contained all the stuff you need to do this quilt "on the go" including an old soap box with a circle cut out of the top of it so you have a place to put your garbage!  It included a tiny pin cusion hot glued to the inside of the lid with pins and needles in it, a pair of small scissions, scrap squares of cotton fabrics to begin with tied neatly with a rafia bow and 1 1/2"  white card stock hexagons to paper piece with. I added Thread Heaven to the box...and ended up making my own box, of course. It's a wood box from Hobby Lobby.


This takes forever but it's really quite relaxing!
I'm thinking of changed all the centers to a darker color.  What do you think?


I used all scraps except the fussy cut ladies - in the garden! 
You can see the hexagon with the tea pot. There are berries
in my garden, birds, butterflies, and thanks to Dawn - a peacock!


1 comment: