Monday, February 21, 2011

Art & Tea

"Homeward Bound" by A.J. Elsley"
My husband and I found this print at an antique shop on one of our outings.  I just love this print.  It has so much to say.  I could sit down with a good cup of hot tea and contemplate the scenario being played out over and over. 

I love to think about the rich and fulfilling life this couple has shared together because they obviously are very close to each other.

Married couple? Brother and sister? Neighbors?  Not sure.  They are certainly both totally involved in whatever it is they're reading.  Is there a newborn great-grandchild coming to visit?  Is it a loved one coming home from war?

And her knitting.  What a sense of calm that gives off just seeing it sitting on her lap.  What's she making?  A baby blanket? Socks? A shawl? 

There is a heart shaped card board cutout taped to the back of the photo.  A handwritten note says "Exhibited at the Royal Society of British Artists". 

I'd love to see one of your favorite pieces of art that you have around the house!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for such a precious image! I will try to show a pic of one of my favorite pics. The picture in it's variations was kept by my great-grandmothers. Thanks for warming my heart on such a cold day.

    ReplyDelete