Sunday, January 30, 2011

Parsley Success



YES! It is true. I, Bernadine, former indoor house plant killer have had great success with my parsley plant since bringing it indoors in October! It is still alive and despite a few small wilting incidences when I forgot to water it, things have been going just great although it is getting a little leggy!

I love having this plant inside for cooking and who would have ever thought there would be enough light.

I learned by trial and error not to put a parsley plant in full sun. Amazing. I could have probably learned that on You Tube.

In any case I strongly urge everyone who is intereseted to grow a parsley plant outside in a pot, keep it in part shade/part sun and bring it in over winter. You can have fresh parsley all the time! Now I know to you farm girls like my friend Sherryl, who is a contributing blogger on this blog, is probably thinking, uhhh yah, but for me and other citygirl/farm girl wannabes this is a BIG deal!

And what a cute planter! Can't wait to plant cherry tomatoes in Spring. I have had great success with those for two years in a row!

1 comment:

  1. We're getting ready to start ours as well. I am looking forward to planting my garden :) Good luck with your parsley !

    ReplyDelete