Monday, January 3, 2011

Felt Ornaments with Mega Stitching


By "Mega Stitching" I mean "A Lot" of stitch work. I had a kit for 4 Santa ornaments sitting in my "to do one day" pile for...years. At least a couple of years.

When Mom comes to visit I just love giving her a project to work on. she took on the challenege and they turned out so beautiful I wish I had more. This kit was a Buscilla Ornament Kit. I've searched everywhere for more similar items because I like the look but it appears it is not made anymore. Any ideas? Share please!


Here is another ornament from our Christmas Tree. We found a set of six of these Colonial Doll Ornaments at an antique store. They have a porcelain head, hands and feet and a cloth body. Very charming. About 4 1/2" tall each, all dressed the same. Wouldn't be Christmas without them on the tree. Such treasures! Send me a picture of your favorite ornament.

3 comments:

  1. Bernadine, I wanted to let you know that I have been doing the paper piece quilting, thanks to Dawn. She got me hooked and I now have over 150 little hexagons put together. By the way, I have a blog too, www.View-From-A-Farmhouse-Window.blogspot.com about farm life here in McHenry county. I put up a post on my quilting. Thanks for sharing your domestic ideas :)
    Gretchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that fun. I tell you Dawn has not stopped since I gave her the set for Christmas I think 3 years ago. Glad she shared that with you and I will be visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those santa things are really cute!!!!!!! i didn't see them at christmas tho? where were they?

    ReplyDelete