Friday, January 14, 2011

First Ever Spinning/Knitting Project - For me that is!


We have an old looking hutch in our kitchen. The top doors have windows and I love opening up the doors because I have some really nice smelling candles and potpourri in there. Every time you open the door you want to bake something! Or have some Tea!


I have a few pieces of this "Old Country Rose" pattern by Royal Albert. It is so dainty and fun to use on special occasions. On the right is a tea cozy I knitted. I used the wool I spun for the first time, Angora on the top from my spinning friend and designed my own pattern. Lots of firsts here. I just love it when it all works out! Take a chance and just do it.

Here you can see the flower I crocheted a little better with two green leaves. And why not have a button in the middle with beads falling down from the center? What fun. Looks homespun and that is exactly what I was shooting for! The wool was a merino/alpa mix. And it really keeps the tea hot for a long time!


2 comments:

  1. I love the Roses pattern !! Keep up the good work. I will have to show how far I have gotten on my quilt soon. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I'm very impressed. I'm working on spinning wool but have a steadily-increasing supply of angora waiting for my to get brave and work with it.

    I'll be watching for more of your projects!

    ReplyDelete