Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mohair & Linen

I love combining different textures. Like wearing a silk shirt with jeans or combining mohair and linen in a knitted scarf. I knitted this lace scarf for my Mom out of pink kid mohair and trimmed it with a crocheted linen edging.



Without a lot of experience in knitting lace I could have probably made five of these with the time I spent knitting and taking apart and re-knitting and taking apart this one. Lace requires a lot of focus - something I need more of!



I'm glad she loved it and I love seeing it on her!



Thanks for being such a great mom, Mom! Your constant encouragement to try new things has lead me to a very fulfilling life. Your unconditional love has made me who I am today!

1 comment:

  1. I saw and touched this scarf in person - oh so pretty and soft!! It is really a piece of art

    ReplyDelete