Sunday, January 9, 2011

Gentle Arts Movies


My beautiful daughter Becca
She loves movies!
What got me excited about the possiblity of other people being interested in the same things I am came from a book I recently purchased "The Gentle Art of Domesticity" by Jane Brocket. She also has a wonderful website and blog. I wad instantly drawn into her world and wanting to share my passion as she was in her book.

Fabulous book loaded with inspiration. In one chapter she refers readers to movies that have a domestic theme or interest. One she recommends is "I Capture the Castle". I love the scene where the step-mother is dyeing everything in sight green. A unique movie about love and family. I recommend it highly.

Another movie I'd like to recommend is "Dancing at Lughnasa". Merle Streep is in it and I never heard of it before. It's an old world story of five sisters growing up in Ireland, 1936. Gentle loving movie with a lot of domestic interest.

Take a baith, put on your comfy pajamas, pop some popcorn, put your slippered feet up and hit "play"! How about an old fashioned slumber party with friends? Why not!

1 comment: